THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

All Eyes on a Boomer

Sunday 9 December 2007

Q & A- "The Golden Compass"


Well, here we go again....a new film, a new piece of controversy...but is it warranted???

I admit to almost getting caught up with the downpour of negative impressions and innuendoes which seem to be sweeping the internet on various websites and blogs. Notice I said almost.....While many are arguing the moral status of the new film; "Golden Compass", I found myself getting into debates, even when I had no real background about the man who's books this film is supposedly based on-

I read plenty of opinions, but I was still no wiser. Should I see the film for myself? Maybe. I was kindly invited to re-think my own negative thoughts before passing any further clouded judgement. I needed another viewpoint, an unbiassed angle which would help shed more light on this argument, before shooting my own ill-advised mouth off....so many are on their 'high-horses' as I type, and I can now see where the confusion lies.

YES, it is rightfully fair to say that author Phillip Pullman, the man at the centre of all this controversy, has a different evaluation on christianity to others. So what? I cannot condemn a man for thinking differently to others, that is his given right. Do yourselves a big favour, have an open mind before listening to all the gossip,you might be surprised what you learn!

I encourage EVERYONE, to stop over at this Blog -Jeffrey Overstreet

The first review of New Line Cinema’s The Golden Compass, which is based on the first book in Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy, has been published in The Daily Telegraph.
YOU decide!

0 comments: