THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

All Eyes on a Boomer

Sunday 16 December 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas....


Yep, it is finally beginning to take some shape now, even though we haven't finished our Christmas shopping...aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
But not to worry! With so many stores at our fingertips, you cannot go wrong. I have noticed that more and more convenience stores such as your local Service Station, Post Offfice, Chemist etc are now all getting in on the act! Anything from watches, to dvd's,cd's, gift-sets and so on, all placed carefully near the counter so that the customer will be persuaded to buy!
Though, it does come in handy for last minute shoppers such as myself-Why bother looking any further than your local Video Store?? While out paying the usual influx of 'Christmas-time-bills', I stopped to order a healthy lunch in a nearby cafe...as I stood there, patiently waiting my turn, my eye caught glimpse of a huge outdoor display of ex-rental movies. Gesturing to the man who was busy preparing the food, I wandered over to browse through the vast collection....You know what it's like when you suddenly happen upon an old movie from years gone by, or one that you may have only seen once, but was one to remember?? Well, this was a feast of all that AND some! Looking back over my shoulder, I could see my youngest boy now placing his order so I made haste and put together the offer of 3 films for $25.00-
But it didn't stop there! No, my eyes spotted yet one more 'table of temptation', so I slid over, insisting to my 'little voice' I would NOT buy, just look...well, the voice was over-ruled and I found myself now holding another 2 dvd's, both still reduced in price but slightly more expensive! 'Compulsive shopping'....isn't that what this is called???? Doesn't matter now, I bought them anyhow, and am really pleased with the selection as i even managed to find something for the hubby! So that's half the work done. It pays to look at these stores for you shoudl always think 'practical' when shopping at Christmas. The prices on some items today are just so ridiculous, and if buying for children, you have to consider the 'use-by' date....meaning, how long before they lose interest and are already planning next year's request! I chose two fun films for the youngest..."Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Zoolander", while the older boy has good old Arnie in "Terminator 2" and the suspense thriller; "Mancherian Candidate"...hubby, well he got a real classic with Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window"!! But it just kept getting better...walking into the newsagent to purchase a pack of cards, I happened upon a great book for my father, reduced from $35.00 to a brilliant $5.00! So while the boys slept tonight, I secretly wrapped up their gifts and they sit anxiously awaiting their appearance on Christmas Day! Yes, it IS beginning to look ALOT like Christmas!

0 comments: