THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

All Eyes on a Boomer

Saturday 26 January 2008

POST-Blogging Seminar

For those of you may have missed today's seminar, here's a sample of the topics that were discussed:
With the help of the panelists, Beverly Mahone, once more went through the motions like the pro that she is...giving us, the listener, a variety of sub-topics which were answered by each, highlighting some very important key-notes on everything that surrounds the blogging world.
We began with an introduction to each Divas, Heidi, Karlyn(who for a few minutes we almost lost in cyberspace lol) Betty and Kathie.
I was prepared as always, notepad and pen, my phone set on loud-speaker so I had ample time to catch everything being discussed and jotting it all down eagerly.
Thanks to today's seminar, i have come away with some wonderful and exciting ideas of my own and already planning bringing a much-loved website onto a blog!
The women were on the ball, listing numerous tips for ways to attract attention to your blog, knowing what kind of content is best suited to your field, the world of search engines and pinging[that was alot of fun, lol] The various types of platforms used for blogging ie; Blogspot, Wordpress and so on...great ideas such as using your blog's link within your signature when sending emails...very good idea!
There were also assorted questions put to the women, asking if there's any downsides to owning a blog, which i noticed the only REAL one being we become hooked on them! lol Good one Kathie! Can you post too much? How often should you be posting? Overall, a lovely learning experience and I sincerely look forward to further seminars of this description!
I also highly encourage others out there to stay tuned for such events because it is all about working together, in a friendly enviroment, and learning from others.
This class act delivered a wonderful service today, and although it took me awhile to actually hook up, I am thrilled I took the time to do so.

Well done ladies, and thank you to each and all who took the time to be involved.

Cheers
Debbie Stevens

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Debbie for attending the blogging seminar. We enjoyed sharing tips with you.

Blessings,

Betty Lynch
http://www.mycountrykitchen.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I agree. I came away from the seminar with so much helpful informaiton and have already put some of it into action. My brain would have been on overload if I had been able to get in on time. LOL

Great blog post, Diva!

Pam Archer, Owner
Pamela's Exclusive Floral & Event Design
http://www.pamelaseventdesign.com
http://www.idoweddings.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Great Summary Debbie, thank you attending and taking notes!
Karlyn

Bev Mahone said...

I echo what karly said. You took GREAT notes! I wish I had sat beside you in some of my classes in school! :)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love doing these types of seminars - I come away with ideas too when listening to the other speakers and it's always good to hear them say the same things I experience - means I am not 'alone' in what I do.

Mispoetic said...

It was worth the wait! Thanks Bev, and to the panelists...looking forward to sinking my teeth into new blog, for now, its back to work!

Love to each and all-

Debbie

Melodieann Whiteley said...

I missed the teleseminar unfortunately but did listen to the recording the next day. Great information. Thanks to all of the experts who shared their knowledge. I already have plans for new blogs and new ideas for my current ones. Looking forward to the next such event!

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the teleseminar as it aired. But, thanks to your wonderful summary, you really helped me remember all the super ideas and tips they covered.

This was great!