THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

All Eyes on a Boomer

Sunday 14 December 2008

Internet connections

How are you connected to the net? Not until my recent unexpected departure had I even given this a second thought. But I am honest when saying I missed my pc more this time around, not because of work reasons, no my removal actually allowed time for me to hibernate while reflecting....then began with the curiosity, asking others [I knew had a connection] what they'd been doing online, then needing to depend on their goodwill when asking for personal favours.



Luckily I'd been distracted most times by more serious affairs, and in the end found all I could do was to accept the Lord's choices over me.

But I did try numerous methods of getting 'online', from the internet cafe; ours being under new management with better prices/hours, this something I'd never considered once-

when I first accessed this odd looking shop, I really felt like thte fish out of water, an alien! My keyboard skills still in tact just a touch rusty, so everything seemed to be going in slow motion as others came and went. Relying on instructions "Umm, excuse me Bob, but how do you get to MSN from here? Can I use your printer? How long have I been online? Are you open tomorrow?" What a pain! Yet, had it not been for Bob and his cafe, things could have been a far sight worse! Today, I rely on a new device...a wireless modem, prepaid! So, this is my entry process, what's yours?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your on-line presence was missed! So delighted to see you back up and at it,in your own, unique style.