THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

All Eyes on a Boomer

Saturday 10 May 2008

Mother's day-again

I sat at my computer, staring at all the many documents saved on file. Those already in use, somewhere across cyber-space, and those yet to make their appearance. The latter sit tucked away for a greater purpose, one I know exists but still needs more work. The day they are set free will hopefully, be the day I am able to give the project some closure.
Mother's Day brought about this moment-my memories, my pain. Though in between the sadness, a friend gave me some comfort with her own personal reflection as she too shares the day without her mother. I have no doubt that I will continue to miss my 'mum', but this time round, I am going to look at the event with a more positive outlook, thanks to the words conveyed to me today-

Hope your Mother's Day is filled with every single thing your dear heart desires. Know that you are loved and in my thoughts on this day when mothers are remembered for all the care given without thought of self. I will be remembering my own mother more today and missing her terribly and I know the ache in your heart for your own Mum will be a little sharper today. But lets not be sad, dear one. Let us try to find joy in the fact that God graced us with their presence. There's nothing that will shape the lives of children more than the loving care of a devoted mother and we were both so blessed.
Thanks to my dear sweet friend....this helped me and I pray it will do likewise for any other 'motherless daughters' who might be reading...I'd alos like to share a poem, and a piece of who I am-All thanks to my mother.


“SISTER O SISTER”

Sister o Sister
I know each thought you think
Sister o Sister
I taste the salt that you drink

Together we share the blood of our mother
Two sisters, one love
For her, no other

Do you feel we have drifted?
Two ships lost out at sea
No anchor now holds us
We both sail aimlessly

Sister o Sister
Let’s not float further apart
Know that I need you
I speak from my heart

We cannot discard all we were taught
Such wisdom and much love
Are gifts given, not bought

I too feel frightened
What rules come with ‘grief?’
Simply follow your heart
That is my true belief

Sister o Sister
Mum was brave to the end
Her murmurs kept silent
So broken hearts would mend

Sister o Sister
Let us never lose touch
Sister o Sister
We owe her that much!


Broken hearts broken dreams
Future hopeless, so it seems
Desperate souls crave advice
Words of truth not always nice
Who shall say it without fear?
Trust the words of mother, dear
Friends mistaken for acquaintance
Lessons in the art of patience
Wear a heart upon your sleeve
The mother warns one so naive
Cups of tea poured with sympathy
Warned of misery seeking company
Lead the way, don't just follow
Set examples for tomorrow
Dare to cross each path unknown
Use mistakes as stepping stones
Now a daughter without a mother

These words stand out like no other
I hear her voice through conversation
Bestowed for future generations!
Debbie Stevens Ó 2007

It was the gloomiest day-overcast in their hearts and their minds. The two girls were today saying goodbye to their mother and they were both so afraid.-
from the book, "Follow a Freesia" by Debbie Stevens

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

This day holds a lot of emotion for you, missing your mother, sister, and daughter. Your writing comes from a burdened heart, but one full of love to give to these who refuse to receive. I believe that healing will come to these relationships.

My mother has been gone for nearly 26 years and today still feels lonely without here. However, I know I will see her again in heaven for all eternity.

Beautiful poem! I love the picture of you and your sister, too.